Elsa Profil : a French eco-citizen company
Concerned about its environment, Elsa Profil is a company who strives to be socially responsible. In the field, pursuing these social and environmental ethics is manifested at all levels, from product design until delivery, with in between manufacturing and taking employee well-being into account.
Among the actions implemented, we can mention:
- Certification FSC MIX SQS-COC-101053 (license: FSC C 120000) since March 2014.
- Compliance with standards E1 or Carb II* for panels : CARB II panels are particle boards validated by the Californian agency for the protection of the environment and have very low CO2 emissions
- Recovery of wood waste from production as combustible materials for the heating system
- Increasing the supply of natural light in the production hall
- Drastic improvement in the building’s energy performance
- Improvement in the wood dust vacuum system
*The agency has initiated public health and environmental protection programs, which entail the most drastic requirements in the world with regards to reducing CO2 emissions. As such, the CARB II panels have reached the world’s lowest rate in formaldehyde content, with 4 mg per 100 g of dry matter, instead of the 8 mg tolerated by the E1 class standard.